TO MEMBERS OF BRITANNIA SUPPORT SOCIETY
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TAKE NOTICE that the 2014 Annual General Meeting of BRITANNIA SUPPORT SOCIETY (the “Society”) will be held at the Staff Room of Britannia Secondary School, located on the third floor of the main building at 1001 Cotton Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia, on the 22nd day of May, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. Pacific Time, for the following purposes:
- To adopt the minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Society held May 28, 2013
- To receive and, if thought fit, approve the report of the President to the members.
- To receive and, if thought fit, approve the report of the Treasurer to the members and the financial statements of the Society for the period ended September 3, 2013.
- To appoint E. Teranishi & Associates Inc. as the accountants for the Society for the ensuing year and authorize the directors to fix the remuneration of such accountants.
- To elect Directors to hold office until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting of the Society. The following individuals have agreed to stand for election as Directors of the Society:
- Mike Evans
- Dawn Kelly
- Larry Prentice
- Willy Quan
- Geoff Taylor
- Eddy Teranishi
- Brenda Wong
- Stanley Wong
- To resolve as a special resolution of the members of the Society to amend the bylaws of the Society by deleting sections 58 and 59 only of Part 11 of the bylaws and replacing them with the following:
“58. A notice may be given to a member personally, by regular mail to the member’s postal address, by electronic transmission by email to the member’s email address or by facsimile transmission to the member’s facsimile number, all as such postal address, email address or facsimile number may be provided to the Society as set forth on such member’s membership card or as otherwise provided by such member to the Society in writing or by electronic or facsimile transmission.””59. A notice sent by regular mail shall be deemed to have been given on the second day following that on which such notice is posted and a notice sent by electronic transmission or by facsimile transmission shall be deemed to have been given on the day on which such notice is transmitted. A certificate of an officer of the Society shall be conclusive evidence, absent manifest error, of the day on which any such notice so hand delivered, mailed or sent by electronic transmission or by facsimile transmission has been made, posted or sent.”The purpose of this amendment of the Society’s bylaws is to allow for delivery of notices to members of the Society by electronic transmission or by facsimile transmission, which methods of delivery were not in existence when the Society was formed and the Society’s bylaws were adopted.
- To resolve as a special resolution of the members of the Society to amend the bylaws of the Society by deleting section 6 of the bylaws in its entirety and replacing it with the following:
“6. The amount of the annual membership dues shall be determined by the directors in each year.”
The Society’s current bylaws provide that annual membership fees are to be set at the Annual General Meeting of members. The purpose of this amendment of the Society’s bylaws is to allow for the directors to determine the annual membership dues.
- To transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.